Sunday, October 1, 2017

RELENTLESS

Wandering is a weak word for what I do.
But you relentlessly pursue me,
telling me again and again.....and again
that I am your beloved.

You bend grace when no one else would,
when my ugly is enormous 
and hurtful.

You shower me with joy
in moments unexpected,
delightful,
thoughtful.

You bend down to listen intently,
to every word or groan,
careful to hear my heart.

You are the Great I Am,
Almighty God,
Awesome Creator of all that exists,
Place of safety and rest,
Protector of the defenseless,
Provider of all that's good,
Relentless Redeemer.

My psalm offering for Harvest Sunday at Valley Springs Fellowship, 2017.

2 comments:

The Bug said...

Absolutely beautiful! Thank you!

riTa Koch said...

Profound and powerful truths so beautifully expressed.
Thank you for sharing!