Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Fixing Higher Education

There's been a lot of talk about what will happen to higher education. Burgeoning college costs are pricing a lot of young people right out of the market. Who wants to end up $60,000 in debt and no job opportunities in sight? While I've read lots about what's wrong, I had not seen anything remotely resembling a solution...

Until today. Dr. Wallis C. Metts, professor at a small, private liberal arts college in the Midwest, has written a comprehensive and -- more importantly -- comprehensible post on what we can do about it. Well written, thought-provoking, and exciting! I'm not even in higher education but I kept wanting to jump up and shout "Amen!" and send this to everyone I know.

So that's what I'm doing. I'm posting here and linking his post on facebook. Parents, politicians and those who are involved in higher education NEED to read this!

No comments: