Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Random Dozen - The Spring Edition (Only it's Fall here)

Being in the southern hemisphere can make it confusing when participating in seasonal memes. So bear in mind, folks, my answers reflect that seasons are opposite here!

A shout out to I Didn't Know That! for hosting this week's Random Dozen while Lid at 2nd Cup spends time with her friend in the hospital. Keep praying for Diane, her family and the GGs!

1.  What is your favorite sign of Spring Fall? The cooler nights and mornings that are perfect for sleeping.

2.  Did you remember to spring forward on March 14?  If not, how did it impact your day? Not an issue here. 

3.  If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what vegetable would you plant in a garden this year? Okra

4.  If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what fruit would you plant? Strawberries

5.  What is your least favorite insect? ALL OF THEM

6.  March 22 was World Water Day. To celebrate, here are some water questions. Do you drink bottled water? If so, what brand? DEFINITELY, especially after a nasty bout with water-born parasites when we first moved here. We now get filtered water delivered to the house twice a week; no special brand, I think they just take tap water and filter it really well. When we're out and about and order water, we take whatever they're selling. Most bottled water here comes from the province of Mendoza. One time Ivan accidentally grabbed a couple bottles of Perrier but put them back after they rang up three times what the local stuff costs.

7.  Have you ever been somewhere that it was not safe to drink the local water? If so, how did you handle that? Refer back to the last question! I ended up losing forty pounds before it was over. We also spent a year in Uganda where the better hotels leave bottled water in your room for brushing your teeth -- so it's not even safe to rinse and spit! We got our drinking water from a new deep bore hole well near where we lived, and I still filtered that before we used it, just to be on the safe side.

8.  How many glasses of water do you drink per day? Three or four LARGE glasses. More during the drier seasons.

9.  March 24 is the birthday of Harry Houdini.  Have you ever watched a professional magic show? Share. Nope.

10.  Have you ever been a participant in a professional magic show (up on stage!)? Nope.

11. March 24 is also the birthday of Steve McQueen and Clyde Barrow. Do you like Westerns or gangster movies?  If so, what is your favorite? Not a big fan of either, although I do like western comedies. My favorite would probably be City Slickers.


12. (Really random) What U.S. state that you've never visited would you like to visit someday? Can I just say the Southwest? I'd love to visit Texas, New Mexico, Arizona...

~~~~~~~~~~

I fell really hard on my knees today on our cement patio. Would appreciate your prayers that I don't have long-term pain or problems -- I don't have time! LOL

8 comments:

The Bug said...

Ouch! That sounds like something I would do!

I'm glad that I didn't have to worry about the water in Zambia - that would have been a pain. It was hard enough for me to figure out how to cook without a microwave :)

Skoots1moM said...

now, JubiSista, we can't have you falling, that's too much like ME.
Hope your pain quickly disappears and will be praying for complete healing and NO after effects...

SouthLakesMom said...

And I thought falling upon your knees was supposed to be a GOOD thing. I guess it's all in how you fall. I pray that you will bounce right back.

City Slickers is MY kind of western!

Thanks for participating in RD!

Mocha with Linda said...

Sorry about your fall. Hope you don't have any issues.

City Slickers! I was trying to remember what the one with Billy Crystal was! Love it!

Betty W said...

Oh no! Falling on your knees can really hurt!! Will pray.
I didn´t do this weeks r.d., because of the seasonal questions. But I enjoyed everyone's answers.

Mary said...

40 pounds! That must've been an awful, terrible time!

Robin Lambright said...

I tried to comment last night but my computer was being stupid!!!!!!!!!!

I hate technical difficulties!!!

Loved City Slickers, but then I love most movies.

I hope you fall is not causing you big issues, and I hope you feel better soon.

Have a great rest of the week and no more falling, that's an order from a blogging pal!

Blessings
R

riTa Koch said...

Ouch!
I fell VERY hard on my behind about three weeks ago, and I still feel the effects. No broken tailbone, only deep bruises.
Okra, you truly southern girl!
I don't know much about that veggie, but I do like Cracker Barrel's version.