Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas decorations aren't the only things "down" today

My poor husband is also still under the weather. This is DAY THREE of what has turned out to be a very nasty case of food poisoning. He's sticking to the BRATTY diet: bananas, rice, apples, toast, tea and yogurt -- except he's replacing the tea with Gatorade.

And after her fourth visit to the dentist the daughter isn't feeling so hot either; the teeth filled today were molars and now her jaw aches. Looks like she'll be having soft pasta for supper.

I'm thinking potatoes sound really good.
In the form of oven fries.
Lightly salted.
With ketchup.
To assuage my sadness that the Christmas decorations are down.
Along with my poor suffering husband and daughter.

9 comments:

Mari said...

Awww - your poor family! Potatoes sound good and I hope they are all better soon!

Pam said...

Wow... I'm sorry everybody feels puny. That's always rough. I read a recipe on Fiddledeedee that she made when her fam were all recovering from the tummy bug. It sounds good. Although french fries sound pretty good too! : )

http://fiddledeedee.net/2010/01/01/grandma%E2%80%99s-potato-soup/

The Bug said...

Mmm - I want to have some potatoes too! Hope everyone feels better soon.

sara said...

yuck! But I am so glad they have you to take care of them!

ok, I am curious. why did your daughter have her fillings done in Argentina and not in the US?

Skoots1moM said...

ohhhhhhh, i hate to hear of the long suffering...rest, rest, rest. hope dd's teeth get better soon...
it's SNOWING here. yep, i've been gettimg some pics...hopefully tomorrow morning it will be really pretty.
getting ready to watch the alabama/texas championship college football game...while nursing another migraine, yuck...but, the excedrin should kick in soon :)

maybe said...

I'm appreciate your writing skill.Please keep on working hard.^^

Lhoyt said...

Smart move, having your Tina's teeth done down there. Much cheaper, and good workmanship.

Sounds like Mom's cracker toast would be what I would be asking for right about now if I were Ivan. That's what we got when we were not feeling well.

Robin Lambright said...

I have to tell ya, I feel like the holiday hustle and bustle has taken me out of the loop where my blogging has been concerned. I am finally getting back to some kind of normal schedule where I can spend a few moments getting around to all my normal reads.

I hope your hubby feels better soon, food poising is no not fun.

Blessings on the New Year!

Plus I love the big picture behind your blog, way cool!!!!!

Blessings
Robin

Oldfangled said...

Awww, poor family. Everybody hang in there.