Thursday, January 29, 2009

I was Kreativ today and I have an award to prove it

Thursday mornings I get together with Graciela, a new friend who also likes to sew and craft. This week I was ready with a little project and we had so much fun! I may have mentioned I don't like to waste anything, so it will come as no surprise that I save snippets of fabric left over from projects. Yeah, a little OCD but it could manifest itself in worse ways.

Anyway, I had some snippets with Heat 'n Bond already on the back. I cut each of us a 12-1/2" square of fabric to use as our base and away we went! We cut and snipped and fussed until we liked our fabric "pictures" and then we ironed it all onto the background.

Here's what Graciela created... Isn't it fantabulous?! Graciela is a true artist who loves color and isn't afraid to use it ☺

I'm a bit more stick-in-the-mud and not as adventurous (but I'm working to overcome that!). I'd seen an episode of Simply Quilts some years ago about how to use snippets of fabric to create bouquets of flowers. Fabric for the vase caught my eye first and it was already the right shape and size for what I had in mind. It was quite freeing to just sit and snip, snip, snip little pieces and then put them together and voila! a flower! (photos are a little blurry, sorry about that; can't seem to hold the cell phone still enough for crisp pictures)

I do look forward to Thursday mornings! ☺

Lisa at The Owl's Nest nominated me for The Kreativ Blogger award, my very first one in Bloggyville! Thanks Lisa! I thought the timing was perfect since I'm actually feeling very "kreativ" today. LOL

Yesterday I couldn't have said that. After unpacking box after box of office things, I just felt hot, sticky and tired. There are still two boxes to go and half the stuff I'm just re-packing because we don't have anywhere to put it yet. Shelves/storage yet to come. But at least now I have ready access to a stapler and envelopes. Yay!

So back to the award...now I'm supposed to pass it on to ten deserving bloggers. I'd like to say I consider the clever use of words and language to be as creative and inspiring as art or design. While I like the bells and whistles on some blogs, what keeps me coming back is the writing. Writing that draws me in and makes me feel some emotion. Now that's worthy of a Kreativ Blogger Award!

And so I bestow this award on...

Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee is one of my favorites. Besides being funny as all get out, she's super Kreativ ☺ Who else would have thought up an "I See What You're Saying" carnival?! I love this girl and can't wait to open her blog each day to read/see what she's got to say -- you can pretty much count on it being hysterical.

6 Year Med whose stories of life as an intern make me smile, giggle, cry and cringe. All her posts are entertaining but this one had me laughing out loud!

Confessions of a Tired Supergirl is written in a lyrical style that's so refreshing. Yes, if I had to use one word to describe this blog, it would be refreshing, as evidenced by this December post. And don't we all need some refreshment now and then? (Oh, and Sue just published her first book! All I need is Jesus and a good pair of jeans is now available at amazon.com)

Fish In My Hair doesn't blog daily (or sometimes even weekly) but when she does post, it's worth reading! This woman is hysterically funny and can make you laugh simply describing a conversation with her parents.

Joy at Joys Of Home is a self-proclaimed do-it-yourselfer AND thrift store shopper extraordinaire and she has the most creative home decorating blog I've come across for those of us with non-existent budgets. I can't possibly pick just one post because she has great how-to ideas ALL THE TIME! If you're in need of decorating inspiration, Joy's your girl!

Dorcas is another published author with two books to her credit and a third one in process. Her blog chronicles her life and adventures as a pastor's wife, mom to both biological and adopted children, columnist for the local paper and she also happens to live on a farm. She's one of the women I'd love to meet some time...because she thinks a lot like I do ☺ I loved this post about Facebook.

Amy Beth's Ministry So Fabulous is a must-read-daily. Never know what AB is going to come up with next! The occasional videos show just what a lovable nut she is, and her blog is honest and funny and true. I've shared this post with you before, but it bears repeating. I *heart* Amy Beth!

Becky is a homeschooling mom to ten (well, four are grown) who writes from her farmhouse in the Midwest. Her hubby had a heart transplant a couple years ago and two of their kids are closely monitored for ongoing heart problems. Her sense of humor in the midst of the craziness that is her life keeps me coming back daily to see what's new Out Ioway.

Deb at Suburb Sanity is another that regularly moves me to emotion. Sometimes the fall-off-your-chair-while-snorting-your-drink-through-your-nose-and-spewing-it kind of emotion. So I am always careful to sit on the floor and far away from all beverages when reading her blog. Don't believe me? Then read this.

Donna's one of those amazing women who has a job outside the home but still finds time to make home-cooked meals. In fact her blog is all about being Way More Homemade. Every recipe of hers I've tried has been WONDERFUL. But it's not just a food blog. Oh no! Donna writes about all things home and mama-related.

This is by no means a comprehensive list of all the Kreativ Bloggers out there, but I was limited to ten. If I didn't include you, please don't feel badly -- I enjoy each and every one of you and you're all Kreativ in my book!

8 comments:

Amy Beth @ Ministry So Fabulous! said...

Why thank you. :)

Mari said...

Congrats on the award! It's perfect for you!

Skoots1moM said...

beautiful artwork...the fun while you're making it is to me teh most important part!

Joy said...

You are so dang sweet!!!!!!!!!
You make me sound so good.
I am actually very humbled.
Thank you so much!
Congratulations on your award!
I appreciate you passing it on to me.

Debbie said...

You are so sweet! Thanks for thinking of me. And congrats to you! You really do deserve this.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

You are too kind, Kim. Thank you very much, sweet friend. Gee, no pressure to be funny on a daily basis after that, huh?? :) Thanks for visiting Skoots today, too. I'm so glad to have "met" you in bloggyland. And your creation is beeutiful.

riTa Koch said...

Felicitaciones! Te lo mereces!
Me encanta el arte y especialmente la amistad que tienen!
And now with your high recommendations I want to visit those wonderful blogs and be inspired. Thank you!

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

Kim, you're the sweetest thang on earth. I came over and saw your post immediately but was unable to comment at the time. I just want you to know how much I appreciate you reading and commenting. I always love seeing your name about in my comments. And I do consistently think of you and pray for y'all down there. I am so glad we met.