Friday, December 5, 2008

The Story of the Never Ending Paperwork

Yes, I am STILL working on it. We put off our marathon shopping trip until next week so I can just keep at it until IT IS OVER (three of four reports finished so far).

I hit a milestone birthday yesterday but it doesn't feel any different to be a whole half century old :-) Both my kids called, as did my sister, and friends from Michigan. Love that Vonage phone! We enjoyed fresh pasta with some amazing mushroom sauce for lunch and finished off the day with some really yummy tiramisu.

Between phone calls I worked on reports.all.day.long.

As a treat for getting caught up on the paperwork I'm planning to indulge in a little sewing for fun this weekend. Can't remember which blog had the link for this great tote but I've been wanting to make one ever since I saw it.

Then next week it's back to the assembly line. Three more curtain panels to make before taking pictures for BooMama's Christmas Tour of Homes. Call me anal but I'd like to have at least one room all done and decked out before then. These online carnivals act as great motivators to get things done! Those of you who host them should consider it an act of public service.

Because my life this week revolves around receipts, reports and a calculator, I don't have much to write about...although I could spend some time ranting about what how easy it is to hit the wrong key on a calculator with really small buttons and totally screw up the numbers and then you have to start all over and when you keep making mistakes and having to do it over and over you begin to feel righteously indignant and wonder why you didn't buy a regular office calculator to begin with before you remember that you didn't want a big ole piece of machinery taking up precious desk space and if you only kept up-to-date on the reports you wouldn't have to use the calculator so much at one time and then you wouldn't be frustrated at how small the keys are...But I won't get into that right now.

Because I have one more report to do.

No comments: