Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Day At Home

After reviewing the long list of things that needed to be done in Cordoba, we realized there was no way we'd manage it all in one day. So lucky me was able to stay home! We'll go later in the week for the marathon shopping but today the hubby took care of the downtown things. And because he couldn't look at the map and navigate the streets simultaneously he was able to see a lot more of the city than planned, and "happened" on some pretty cool places :-) Serendipitous!

I was able to slog through (most of) four months worth of receipts and get them semi-organized. You have no idea how much I hate this part but it just couldn't be put off any longer. Ugh. I kept hoping we'd be able to unpack and set up our office (including the files) but that isn't happening any time soon so it was necessary to do the best I can with what I have. There's still more to be done and I think I'll cry if it takes more than another full day.

Needing to do something other than paperwork by the end of the day, I gave the kitchen a good cleaning while waiting for the hubby to get home. And since it was a beautiful sunny day, of course I had to do laundry :-) I managed to squeeze out two loads even though I was all caught up on Monday.

The best part of the day was talking several times with the daughter. It's just so much fun to be able to chat for long stretches about anything and everything...the paper due in one class and the debate she's preparing for in another, all the things she's making in pottery and her plans for winter break...

One thing I haven't had time for is catching up on blogs. So guess I'd better get busy :-)

2 comments:

Debbie said...

What a productive day you had! When my husband got home yesterday, I proudly told him I had gotten some housework done. He gave me such a sweet smile and a big hug. I guess I seemed pitiful!

Cristina Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday!! I LOVE YOU!