Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Four Things Meme

I've never done a meme because I've never been tagged. But Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee sorta kinda tagged me when she wrote "4 Friends I tag...All four of you who read all the way to the end of this, the most boring post on the planet."

I thought it was a very interesting post because Linda looks small and yet she once ate an entire pan of mashed potatoes by herself! And that is exactly the kind of scintillating news I am hoping for when I read my favorite blogs (see, look over on my sidebar, Linda's there!)

I am doing the meme because I want to post but at the same time, I don't want to have to think of something to write about, so this seemed a good time to do it.

By the way, why is it called a "meme"? Because it's all about "Me! Me!"? Or is it short for something? There are a lot of blogging shorthands I haven't figured out yet.

Anyway...

FOUR THINGS I LIKE ABOUT MY HUSBAND

Only four?! There are MANY, MANY things I like about my husband but here are the first four that pop into my head. And no, they are not in any particular order. Remember, I don't want to think today!

He is my number one fan. Even if nobody else reads my blog, he does! And he comes up with really good post ideas. And he takes most of the pictures. And he is very patient about my blogging time, which is sometimes considerable.

He loves the Lord and has always worked hard to maintain a close walk with God, and helped and encouraged me in my walk. I am MORE than grateful for this because I know so many other ladies whose husbands don't. And I can't imagine anything sadder than living with and loving someone who doesn't love God.

He is the handiest guy I know. He can fix almost anything! And he has such a "CAN DO!" attitude that even if he can't, he at least gives it a try first. We've saved mucho dolares over the years because of his handy man abilities.

He has a great sense of humor but I can always tell when he's joking because he gets this little smirky smile which is a dead give-away. He loves to laugh and is always on the lookout for word plays or puns to bring into even the most serious conversations.

Boy, I could devote a whole post to my hubby but there's four of the things I like LOVE about him!

FOUR MOVIES I HAVE WATCHED MORE THAN ONCE
Grosse Point Blank (this is especially funny at 2 a.m. in the morning)
Undercover Blues
Princess Bride

Anne of Green Gables (okay, so this is more a mini-series, but still!)

FOUR TV SHOWS I WATCH
The Closer (TNT network) which I download and watch at my leisure.

Well, now that I'm in Argentina, I will have to download ALL my shows and watch later.

NCIS (CBS)
Criminal Minds (CBS)
Bones (Fox)

I am one of the very, very few who *gasp* don't watch reality TV. I've seen bits and pieces of a few shows and I just don't get the attraction. It's painful to watch people act like jerks or pour their heart into something and then get ripped for it or attempt to find love in all the wrong places. So call me crazy, but that's one genre I won't be watching. The closest I come is that show on the Food Network where the chefs compete to create the most spectacular chocolate creation. Now that's some reality TV I could sink my teeth into!

But if I could I would TOTALLY DOWNLOAD MY FAVORITES FROM HGTV and watch them again and again. But that's not an option at this point. Hello! HGTV, why can't you be like all the other nice networks and make your shows available?

FOUR PLACES I HAVE BEEN
Where the Nile begins in Jinja, Uganda, East Africa
Dingle Peninsula in Ireland
Yellowstone National Park, Mount Rushmore, and the Badlands of South Dakota (all in one marathon trip home from Colorado)
Buenos Aires, Argentina

FOUR PLACES I'D LIKE TO VISIT
Iguazu Falls (where Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay meet)
Venice, Italy
The Grand Canyon
New England

FOUR PEOPLE WHO E-MAIL ME REGULARLY

My daughter
My son
SIL Rita
SIL Sharon

FOUR FAVORITE FOODS
Chocolate
Potatoes in any form, but especially fried with onions
Biscuits & Sausage Gravy
Ice cream in just about any chocolate combination OR fruit flavor
And now we know why I need to walk and get into shape!

FOUR THINGS I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO IN THE COMING YEAR (2009)
Becoming, if not fluent, at least moderately capable in Spanish.
Spending more time in God's Word.
Getting into better shape by losing weight AND increasing strength and endurance.
Having my kids visit us in Argentina (?) -- I hope, I hope!!!

FOUR FRIENDS I TAG
I'm going to suggest that anyone who wants to do this meme, go ahead! It's a nice way to pass a few minutes of your time. And your reading public can learn things they never knew about you. Or things they knew and wished they'd forgotten. Or things you never meant for them to find out. Or whatever.

No comments: