Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Coming Up For Air

This week's just been cRAzY! We spent Monday cleaning out the garage and shed at my in-laws. Didn't get it quite done before the evening rain hit so there's still another half day of work to do. But we felt quite good with what was accomplished. Both of them are pack rats ("We'll be able to use it someday.") and so the accumulated pieces of scrap wood, odd doors and materials in the shed took up the first truck load to the dumpster. I'm sure we'll get at least one more load from the garage. But that's for another day. We did get things that are staying in the garage more organized though.

Tuesday morning we were up and out the door by 5:30 a.m. Didn't think to check online and see just where the IFCA meeting was being held until 8 p.m. Monday evening. At which point we realized it was a 3-1/2 hour drive. Ugh! If we'd done our homework ahead of time we could have gone and stayed with the SIL (who lives halfway between) the night before. Oh well. The meeting was great: an opportunity to meet with some new pastors here in Indiana and the privilege of hearing Dr. John Whitcomb speak. We've known Dr. Whitcomb for many, many years and always love to hear him teach.

And on the way home we did stop and see the SIL and some of her family and she fed us a wonderful dinner. It was 9:30 p.m. before we dragged arrived home. You'd think we'd be ready to drop. And we were but for some reason my chronic insomnia kicked into high gear and I wasn't able to get to sleep until the wee hours of the morning. I've decided to work hard today and be so tired tonight I can't help but sleep!

So got up and first thing went and worked out. Daughter has set up a family membership for us at the YMCA. Yeah! Got a good workout and then hit the library to become a card-carrying member (too busy on Monday). Checked out a half dozen books and headed home to start the laundry. Oh yeah, this gal is kickin' today!

Except I sat down to check e-mails and do a quick post on ye old blog and I'm not really sure I'll be able to get back up. Hmmmmm

We head back to Michigan after lunch. Have a pretty busy week ahead with several meetings, some packing to do, some work at a friend's house, a few lunch and dinner get-togethers...I'm pretty excited because I'll be in town Tuesday to hang out with my sewing buddies!!!!! So I'm taking my sewing machine and a couple of projects to work on. Woohoo!

Whether I want to get up off the couch or not, I have to. Promised the daughter I'd make that amazing pasta with mushrooms and peas dish that I found online a while back. It is so incredibly delicious my mouth is watering just thinking about it. So TTFN!*

*(ta ta for now)

No comments: