Saturday, April 19, 2008

Party Parfaits!

So today is the bridal shower for one of my daughter's best friends. Been sorta busy getting ready for that so I'm late posting for Saturday Stirrings over at DeeDee's. No new recipe this week, but an idea to use the Best Chocolate Pudding Ever in a special way for parties.

'Cause instead of the traditional shower cake we are having us a little dessert buffet. Originally we had planned to have brownies for the chocolate offering but we're also having lemon bars and that just seemed too much the same.





So...came up with a little idea that I'll share now:
Bake the brownies. I added some Ghirardelli chocolate chips because I was feeling all Emeril and wanted to kick it up a notch!
Once the brownies are cool I cut out little rounds that fit perfectly into the bottom of a small clear plastic cup available at Walmart and other fine stores. Had trouble finding the right size cutting tool until while rummaging through the pantry I saw a can of tomato paste. Aha! I checked and yep, perfect match.
That was last night. This morning I commenced to making the Best Chocolate Pudding Ever and filling the cups about 2/3 full with that. It chilled while I worked on other things.
And for the final touch I whipped up some real whipping cream (heavy whipping cream and a few spoons of sugar) to top it off.
Mmmm, good! And pretty, too.

Much better than plain old brownies :-)

1 comment:

Farrah said...

Yummy!! I love getting ideas for serving large groups, since party planning is one of my hobbies. Thank you!! :-) Oh, and fresh whipped cream is the ONLY way to go in my opinion. Ever since I made it like that, I don't even like the other stuff!