Monday, April 14, 2008

Don't Get Snippy...or You'll End Up Like Me


I've never been big on accessorizing as I am "fashionally challenged" but for the next who-knows-how-long I'll be sporting this chic fabric wrist cuff in cool shades of gray. And the reason? I got snippy with my hubby...in that I spent six hours one day snipping open seams on the rag quilt I made for his birthday. NOTE TO CRAFTERS making rag quilts: Either use the appropriate tool for the job, or spread it out over days (or weeks...or months). Being impatient has come back and bit me yet again. You'd think after almost half a century I'd know better. Now I'm learning to do a lot of things with my left hand, and just dealing with the pain when I have to use the right one. The tendonitis has struck before (but not in the hand) and I know it takes months to heal. This makes for one, very sad Southern Girl.


But these make me happy :-) I'm helping Daughter host a bridal shower this Saturday for one of her best budds and these are two of the three aprons to be included in the gift basket I'm putting together. I just love these fabrics! The third apron will be similar in style to the red, black and yellow one but will be in bright shades of blue, pink, orange and yellow. Happy colors! Aprons are perfect for this friend who's finishing up culinary school. Making aprons is addictive -- they're so fast to put together! I got a lot of ideas from this flickr layout called "Tie One On". Definitely not your grandmother's aprons!

No comments: