Sunday, February 24, 2008

"Caught between the promise and what I know"

Yes, home on Sunday. 'Cause I'm sick. Just thankful that I got sick on a weekend we didn't have meetings scheduled. Hubby's re-visiting some churches we've been to before but it isn't so critical that I be along. Good thing since I'm probably highly contagious at this point.

So I'm sitting at home, tissues and cough drops by my side, snuggled up with my blanket and laptop. A link over at Rocks In My Dryer led me to youtube videos by Sara Groves. Can't sing for coughing myself, but am sure enjoying listening to Sara! My own private little worship service :-) The song that really touched my heart and made me cry was this one:



That's often how I feel, "caught between the promise and what I know" while understanding that "the places that used to fit me cannot hold the things I've learned, and those roads were closed off to me while my back was turned".

Scary place, right at the edge of making a major life change. Sara sings that "familiar things are never easy to discard". How totally true!

And I love, love, love how she ends the song. "Is that the reason behind all this time and sand?"

In this song Sara has encapsulated what I feel. And this morning I am blessed, chastened and challenged as I listen.

No comments: